Spa and Treatments - Health and Safety Advice
IMPORTANT SPA AND TREATMENT ADVICE
Certain medical conditions can be affected by the Spa experiences (particularly those involving extremes of temperature), may preclude you from having some of the treatments available, or may require us to adjust the treatment to accommodate your condition.
If you wish to participate in the Spa experiences or Treatments and suffer from any of the following please consult with your doctor prior to your arrival and obtain written evidence of your fitness to participate.
• You have had surgery within the last six months.
• You have had a deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
• You suffer from heart or circulatory problems, high or low blood pressure, migraines, dizziness, or fainting spells.
• You suffer from diabetes or epilepsy.
• Any condition affecting your body’s ability to react to heat or to perspire.
• Asthma or any chest condition likely to be aggravated by high temperatures.
• Use any drugs which may affect your circulation or your ability to react to heat.
• You have been prescribed antihistamines, anticoagulants, vasoconstrictors, vasodilators, stimulants or tranquillisers.
CANCER, CHEMOTHERAPY AND RADIOTHERAPY
If you have had or are currently undergoing treatment for cancer, we do have a range of treatments, designed specifically for guests who are undergoing treatment or who have been treated for cancer provided by Made for Life Foundation trained therapists. These treatments can be adapted to your specific needs and no prior GP/ Consultant approval is required.
Please be aware that many of the spa experiences, treatments and certain express treatments are unsuitable for pregnant guests. We do have a specially designed treatment for expectant women, this is suitable after the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
We use many essential oils within our treatments and spa experiences, please discuss any allergies you have with our staff prior to your treatment/spa entry.
If you have a disability or any particular care requirements, please seek advice at the time of booking and on entry to Aqua Sana to allow us to help you get the most out of your session safely.
Last updated February 2018